Everyone who has whakapapa to Ngāti Kahungunu ki Wairarapa Tāmaki Nui-a-Rua is welcome to register with us.
Registering is the first step to:
- Staying up to date – you’ll receive regular pānui on important issues and decisions affecting our Ngāti Kahungunu ki Wairarapa Tāmaki Nui-a-Rua Settlement
- Having your say – only registered members 18 years or older can vote on matters related to our Treaty Settlement
If in doubt, register!
- If you have registered with other iwi, you can still register with Ngāti Kahungunu ki Wairarapa Tāmaki Nui-a-Rua if you whakapapa to one or more of our iwi and hapū (as in Schedule 8 from our Trust Deed)
- Parents or guardians can register their children who are under 18 years old and have whakapapa to Ngāti Kahungunu ki Wairarapa Tāmaki Nui-a-Rua
- If you want to know more about your Ngāti Kahungunu ki Wairarapa Tāmaki Nui-a-Rua whakapapa, please contact us on 0800 559 9867 or firstname.lastname@example.org – we can help
- We will notify you in writing when you have been added to the Ngāti Kahungunu ki Wairarapa Tāmaki Nui-a-Rua member register. If your application for registration is declined, we will write to you setting out the reasons for the decision
Your whakapapa and confidentiality
We will respect the whakapapa information you provide and will hold it in accordance with our tikanga. We’ll also make sure it stays confidential, according to the terms of the Privacy Act 1993, and that no whakapapa or sensitive personal details will be given to others without your permission.